Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Sick Of Reading The Word Gay

I get totally pissed off reading stuff by gay guys who keep pointing out that they are gay and that their best friends are gay and that they go to gay bars and gay clubs. I expect they travel together on gay buses driven by gay drivers too. Are they testing me to see if I hit the zap button or hoping that I'll write them a lurrv letter?

It doesn't matter a damn to me if they are gay or downright miserable just as long as what they write is interesting.

Homophobic

Mind you, don't get me wrong - I've got every reason to be homophobic. Back in 1975 I ended up best man at a gay guy's heterosexual nuptials.

I was the only person there who didn't know which side the guy buttered his bread. Turned out that he asked me because I was the only straight guy he knew well enough to ask.

I couldn't work out why the bride was so unfriendly and why the jokes about his cooking skills and making someone a good wife went down like a ton of bricks. Turned out his wife thought I was the latest competition.

Would I have agreed to be his best man if I'd known? Who cares? He was just about the most interesting guy I ever met. He died about 4 years ago - the day after he got back from holiday in New Zealand. The Doc failed to diagnose peritonitis and gave him indigestion pills. He died 12 hours later.

Straight Merl just sent me this picture.

mammogram machine

We need one of them there machines right here in Boobsville.

I'm planning a straight trip to a straight bar with a couple of straight guys tonight. See - it gets really boring so just leave it out.

Is this you?

Management assessment - "It's hard to believe that he beat out 1,000 other sperm."

back 

arrow
teomalink