Friday, December 29, 2006

A Post Christmas Tale

Track of the day - Moonlight Shadow - Mike Oldfield and Maggie Reilly.

get a life_card_christmas 2006The card at the bottom of the stairs seemed to say it all.

A Post Christmas Tale

"Milt, I haven't seen you for, how long is it now? Must be at least ten years since you retired."
"Yes. I suppose it must be about ten years."
"I can't believe how much you've changed in ten years."
Obviously not enough, I thought to myself, you recognised me.
Yes, I'd nipped out for a beer, my first alcoholic drink since the Friday before Christmas.
After five dry days I was looking forward to it until Jugdish appeared from nowhere to tell me how he'd had enough of work and about his latest plans for a takeaway curry house on a far flung Greek island.
He told me that he'd recovered from the nervous breakdown, his euphemism for the arson attack that could have killed a whole street of sleeping people.
Come to think of it, a remote Greek island would be an ideal place for him.
I staggered home thoroughly depressed, contemplating plastic surgery and wishing I'd stayed at home.

logo_leeds_uk_heavymetal_rock_band_nerve engine.
A Nerve Engine MP3 to download :
Nerve Engine - Distance
or go to NE's My Space page to stream it.
Nerve Engine Gig Gallery
back 

arrow
teomalink