Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Wind Has Dropped

Track of the day - Catch the Wind - Donovan

suit_armourI decided against dusting and lubricating the armour because we've not had a very good day. The pelvic floor exercises that are supposed to help eradicate wind pains don't seem to have brought about any miraculous reduction in Mrs B's post operative wind pains.
This morning I was informed that the wind had dropped which I mistakenly took to be a weather report. It was in fact a physiological report that meant the pain had moved further down. I suspect it might have something to do with my cooking because Mrs B's discomfort is greatest immediately after a meal. I may have to consider introducing a starvation diet tomorrow as I'm developing wind pains too.

Garmin Map Update

The friendly GPS unit has started flashing messages at me that the maps are a year old and need updating so I went to the Garmin site and looked for updates.
There didn't appear to be any so I emailed Garmin Europe and was surprised to get an email straight back from a very helpful guy who assured me that they thought an update would be available some time soon but that Garmin Europe hadn't been told when or how much it was likely to cost.
I hope they don't get their maps from Google Earth because the pictures of Bogsville on GEarth were taken at least 4 years ago when we still had cart tracks and lived in wattle and daub houses.
Which, for some reason, reminds me I've got to lubricate my suit of armour tomorrow. If I don't squirt it with WD40 on a regular basis, the neighbours complain when I clank past on the way to the bar. The other problem is that without WD40 the elbow joint tends to seize up just as I'm reaching for my small change to pay for a pint or anything else you can think of.

logo_leeds_uk_heavymetal_rock_band_nerve engine.
Nerve Engine Gig Photo Gallery
back 

arrow
teomalink