Friday, October 27, 2006

Screw BT

Track of the day - Memphis - Chuck Berry.

phoneBTman arrived and failed to connect the phone.
"They seem to have allocated your old line to a new customer. I'll get someone to set up a new line in the box round the corner. I can't do it. I'm not allowed to go in the box myself," he said. "Not to worry. You've still got the Telewest line for calls. When they've connected you in the box round the corner, they'll give you a ring on the Telewest line."
Then he left.

Now I discover that Telewest have pulled the plug on their line so I have no phone at all which means that BTman fixing the line 'in the box round the corner' won't be able to phone. Wonderful.
Why do I need to know when the line has been connected? I need to know because I have to unscrew the front of the Telewest box and screw it into the front of the BT box and screw the front of the BT box into the existing Telewest box. Those were the instructions BTman left me with when he disappeared for his tea.
Sometimes I think that there is a plot being hatched in Bogsville to destroy what little remains of my sanity.

P.S. As soon as I discovered that the Telewest line was dead I swapped the box fronts over. Hopefully the phone will work when the guy connects the line in the local exchange or relay station box or whatever it is.

Saturday Update

The phone is still dead.
I can't get through to BT.
BT's 'report a fault' webpage returns this message -

Error notification
We‘re sorry but an error has occurred on this page.
This is because we are experiencing technical problems with this section of the site.
If the problem continues, please contact us.


How exactly?

logo_leeds_uk_heavymetal_rock_band_nerve engine.
Nerve Engine Gig Photo Gallery
back 

arrow
teomalink