Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Lambretta & the BMW

Track of the day Over The Rainbow - Bill Frisell.

dentist_assistant

Fed up with waiting around in case the cooker engineers phoned to offer an earlier visit I mounted my trusty steed and high-tailed it out of Bogsville.
First stop the dentist's. I seem to spend more time there than anywhere else these days but I'm growing addicted to the smell of rubber gloves. Unfortunately she has signed me off. Disaster! I'll have to seek solace in one of the local bars.

leather_wellingtonsTrusty steed and its GPS unit took me from there to the Merry Hell shopping Centre. They shouldn't have bothered. Merry Hell is even more hellish than the last time I went, more cars fighting for car parking spaces and more clueless people wandering around peering at maps of the place.
There might be a lot of shops there but they sell the same garbage that they sell here in Bogsville. I won't go again. I was lucky to escape this time because I couldn't remember where I'd left trusty steed.
On the way home to Bogsville a young kid riding an old Lambretta with a Learner plate hanging off the back, squeezed between trusty steed and a BMW in the outside lane. He didn't look to be in complete control as he dodged round the traffic but eventually he shot off in a cloud of exhaust smoke and gave BMW woman the finger as he went.
I can think of a few drivers who would have followed him to prove a point and left tread marks on the offending finger - perhaps she did. I wouldn't have blamed her.

Back in Bogsville I found voice messages on the phone.
"Please get in touch with the oven company".
Been there, done that so I left it for Mrs B. to do the necessary. It transpires that they've cancelled Friday's visit by sub contracted engineer and have arranged for one of their own engineers to come out tomorrow. I just hope the post doesn't deliver my new, razor sharp, Weapons of Mass Destruction before he arrives.

logo_leeds_uk_heavymetal_rock_band_nerve engine.
Nerve Engine Gig Photo Gallery
back 

arrow
teomalink