Sunday, October 22, 2006

Beer And Sex In The Early 1960's

Track of the day A Picture Of You - Joe Brown.

clockI woke at 8:10. The clock radio had already switched off.
"Shite! We've slept in again," I thought.
Mrs B. was still fast asleep so I made sure I woke her up because if there's one thing she doesn't like it's being late for work.
She pointed out that it was Sunday.

I'm starting to get cold feet about this whole 50's party thing. I mean what is going on? The guy is younger than me and I wasn't old enough to smoke legally when 1960 arrived. He was either a painfully precocious thirteen year old or is a deluded liar or both even.
What do the 1950's mean to him except a pile of records that he listened to and bought in the years after 1960?
It's a well known fact that beer and sex were invented, in that order, in the early 1960's, probably no earlier than 1964 in his case and a lot later than that in my case - or was it earlier?
I've never been any good at remembering times or dates but then nor were the girls I dated, come to that.
I'll go to this party thing as a 'child of the sixties', drink loads of beer and keep my fingers crossed that no one is hoping for anything other than social intercourse.
Where did I hide my winkle pickers?

logo_leeds_uk_heavymetal_rock_band_nerve engine.
Nerve Engine Gig Photo Gallery
back 

arrow
teomalink