Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bling-Bling & Burpee

Track of the day Blues For Pat - Joshua Redman.

blingIf you want everyone to notice you, don't make your entrance until everyone else is sitting down. Last night's concert in Boogersville was no exception. There we were sitting comfortably in the front row of the Dress Circle when the local civic dignitaries, sporting a fine line in bling-bling decided to get us to stand up so they could get to their seats.

For the fashion conscious - His bling-bling, 18-carat gold and of Greek design. Her bling-bling, 18-carat gold and enamel necklet and pendant, richly studded with diamonds.

I was well impressed I can tell you, especially when they nipped out again at half time, muttering:
"Got to get my nicotine fix!"

I'm not sure just where in the public building they ended up but they certainly weren't standing outside in the rain where the rest of us had to go to get our nicotine fix. Laws don't apply to dignitaries.

Magnificent mags Merl

magMerl sent me this wonderful picture of a Fort Lauderdale mag wheel.

It's a very nice wheel Merl but I was more interested in the vote catching sign that was in the background.

blingHell, if people are prepared to vote Burpee then they'd definitely vote Bogs. When I get elected and get me some important, official bling-bling I'll be able to smoke anywhere but I tell you if my name was Burpee I'd change it by deed poll. 'Deed I would.
back 

arrow
teomalink