Monday, February 06, 2006

Tattooed Woman

Track of the day Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison.

terryWhen the guy brought my drink, he put it down in front of the blonde woman standing next to me. Then he looked at her, shook his head and moved it across in front of me. I smiled at her and she he smiled back.
"I wouldn't have minded," she said, "but I expect you would have."

She had the name "Terry" tattooed on her right forearm. It wasn't a professional job. The letters weren't in line and were faded. It was a bit of a mess. It looked to me like she'd done it one day years ago with a needle and a bottle of ink.

But there was something very sad about the way she had said, "I expect you would have." I decided I would have to get a t-shirt with "Terry" printed on the front and spent the rest of the night convincing myself that I wouldn't have minded, even if she thought I would.

As I told Mrs B. when I got home, "She did have a very nice ass."
back 

arrow
teomalink