Thursday, December 29, 2005

Screaming Fan Belt

Track of the day

poloElder son drove away at about 3.15pm. His departure was accompanied by high pitched screams from the fan belt. He has a VW Polo Coupe, reads well but the engine sounds dreadful. The car has an automatic choke that is notoriously unreliable and floods the carburetor every time he attempts to drive off.

When he arrived last Friday I assumed that he'd had the fan belt replaced and the choke fixed. I was obviously mistaken. If I had known, I would have booked the car into a little local garage and had the work done so that he could have climbed in and driven off without a problem today.

We are now keeping our fingers crossed that he manages to reach home before the New Year.

Kent mailed

Seems that warnings of dire driving conditions in Kent are tripe.

Palm pilot

If you have wi-fi and a PalmTX you can send and receive emails and web pages while sitting on the WC. Presumably you can also order fresh stocks of toilet paper when you discover that the previous occupant used the last sheet.

Annie Humpass

It seems to me that I should make the effort to return to the Bracegirdle - Humpass saga before the New Year. I can't leave that woman travelling on the train for ever. Trouble is I've forgotten the story.

Karaoke

At around 10.00pm I tired of the Skybox hdd recordings and departed for the Hole in the Ground bar. A royal singsong was in progress. There were one or two professional Karaoke performers there. It appears that this karaoke takes place in another local bar on a Wednesday night. The same people perform the same songs.

I'm also told that the manager of the other bar was one of tonight's performers. What I don't understand is that the last drinks bell was rung at 10.50pm despite the official notice in front of me stating clearly that the bar could remain open until 02.00am. Personally I believe that if you don't use the license you should lose it. Can anyone explain the system to me. How am I supposed to know when I can pop along for a drink at midnight? One day I might find a karaoke singer who should be singing with a band. I thought I'd found one tonight until the guy started to ad-lib and failed to pitch a single improvised note.

Happy New Year Vic!
back 

arrow
teomalink