Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Non Thermal Thong

It's official. I am perceived as being on the way out. I got a message from Merl last night that suggested I might be in danger of fracturing a hip if I tried to walk down to the Tulip & Tiara for a drink.

Yes we have snow. Enough snow to gridlock the whole of Bogsville. Truth is we have a sprinkling of snow and temperatures cold enough to prevent it melting. Bogsville people just don't know how to drive. I'm not sure whether I should feel happy that someone cares about my health or downright insulted. Yes you guessed right first time.

I told that young upstart Merl that I would see him later on in our nearest local bar, the Hole in the Ground. Personally I think there is more risk attached to drinking in the Hole in the Ground bar than in trying to climb Mount Everest clad only in a pair of sand shoes and a non thermal thong.

Favorite thong

St James Infirmary by Jack Teagarden has been one of my favorite thongs for over fifty years. Shite! I think Merl had got a point.

Islanders are hardy

I would just like to say hello to the reader from the Isle Of Man who dropped in yesterday. Islanders are really, really hardy folk. If you're still out there Doug - what's the weather like?
back 

arrow
teomalink