Saturday, November 26, 2005

Don't Bonk A Brit (Revisited)

Twelve months ago I posted a story under the immediately forgettable title Don't Bonk a Brit. I don't think that anyone ever read the page so I'm posting the link again because according to the Independent Online Bonking a Brit is even more dangerous now.
" Sexually transmitted diseases among young people are soaring, with record numbers of new infections diagnosed last year.
The increase in cases of HIV, chlamydia and syphilis is driven by increases in risky behaviour and a perception that the diseases are 'trivial'
".
I remember a conversation with a group of UK university students who all came from the London area.
"Fester's got a dose of the clap again."
"What's he doing about it?" I asked.
"Same as he always does. Down the clinic for a course of penicillin shots. Why do you ask? Haven't you ever had the clap?"
"No I haven't," I told them.
"Really? Bloody Hell. It's only like having the flu. You really haven't ever had it?"

I remember thinking at the time that it would be best to avoid Fester's female company. I guess I knew a lot more about VD than Fester and his pals. Either that or I'd just been lucky.
I never found out what happened to Fester and his pals. I expect they're still in the happy clapper queue at a VD clinic somewhere.
Here's a little ditty I'd like to share Come Up And See Me Sometime recorded in 1933 by Cliff Edwards (Ukulele Ike) and his Hot Combination.

More Brit Bonking

Bloody Pay per View! I want to go for a drink tonight but I've paid for Brit Bonking Boxing. I always watch Ricky Hatton, even when he is on at 02.00am. Tonight he is fighting Carlos Maussa in Sheffield tonight. The problem is that Sky say the fight starts sometime after 9.00pm. If I knew it started at 9.00pm I could arrange to go out afterwards. If it starts at 10.00pm or later it's unlikely that I would have time to watch and go out. Looks like I'm stuffed. Thanks Sky.
back 

arrow
teomalink