Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Matching Pair

The phone rang.
"Hello it's the optician's here. Could you tell Mrs Bogs that her contact lenses have arrived?"
"Yes of course. I'm glad you phoned. I meant to phone you to book an eye test."
"Just let me check the computer. Right, it's a contact lens and an eye test. Who do you usually see?"
"Erm, it's a man."
"Well I could fit you in at 2.50 with Tracey if that suits you."

That suited me just fine. Tracey is blonde and very tall and much better looking than the man. She is also far better at making sales than the man.

End result was that three hours later I had not only agreed to change my contact lenses for a more expensive brand, had had the insides of my eyes digitally photographed for posterity and been told that I didn't have "a matching pair" but I had also agreed to buy a pair of spectacles with varifocal lenses for when I didn't want to wear my contact lenses.

I didn't need varifocals to notice that Tracey didn't have a matching pair either but I suspect that a few more customers like me and she'll be driving a brand new Porsche. It's amazing how quickly love changes a guy's priorities and his ability to think rationally.

Burn body fat

Ollie Granger has emailed inviting me to burn body fat. Unfortunately we live in a smokeless zone, otherwise I'd give it a go. Can anyone help me out here - Do they sell it in bags ready for the open fire or do you have to have it piped direct to the boiler?
back 

arrow
teomalink