Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Eye Hospital Appointment

Visit Bogsville and disappear. It's hardly as romantic a phrase as "See Capri and keel over" but that's inappropriate somehow. Fact remains that I sit here and separate the wheat from the chaff. I post a permanent link to the seriously interesting and gifted and somehow the act of permanent linking renders the blogger incapable of producing another word or note and I'm left with some of the best blind links on the web.

Much the same thing happened when I discovered Chaucer, Shakespeare, Mozart and Elvis. Their creativity somehow just dried up. Mind you I think I spotted Elvis in the supermarket yesterday so you never know... Well it was a Waitrose store.

Eye Eye

rare luminous qualityThis afternoon I am booked into the local eye hospital. I gather that they will dilate my pupils so that they can climb in and have a good look round. Well whatever turns you on.
I don't know why they bother, my pupils are always dilated when I see all those nurses in their little blue uniforms.

"No Milt. We are not going to dilate you. I'm going to anesthetize your eyeballs and measure the pressures. Yes you could have driven here. Yes I appreciate that the letter said we would be dilating your pupils and that you should, on no account drive. It's a standard letter you see. Your next appointment is six months from now. Make sure you drive, even if the letter says not to. Now go home and let us deal with people who actually have something wrong with their eyes."
Suitably chastened and anesthetized, I exited left before she volunteered to anesthetize anything else.
back 

arrow
teomalink