Saturday, November 05, 2005

Braindead In Bogsville

Some readers may suspect that Milt and the Tulip & Tiara are mere figments of the imagination. Nothing could be further from the truth. I assure you that both Milt and the Tulip do exist and to prove it I will publish yet another email that I received yesterday.
Dear Milt,
No, I'm not advocating compulsory euthanasia for the over-45s (subject header - Putting you out of your misery). Instead, knowing you're probably suffering sleepless nights
wondering about the personnel on my 'Nightstalker' music,

Jamie Talbot - sax
Dave Hartley - piano
Hugh Burns - guitar
Geoff Gascoyne - bass
Ralph Salmins - drums

Needless to say, it was great to meet you again in the Tulip & Tiara the other week, and I was honoured to be subsequently mentioned in the blog. Which I am still reading every day! (That Russian girl looks nice, doesn't she?)

Anyway, I'd better let you go now, because I know you need to visit the shops to buy armfuls of fireworks for bonfire night.
O.L.

When the full script of Braindead In Bogsville is finished and has been snapped up by a film company, I trust that you will write the music for it.

The Russian connection

It is obvious to me that some people failed to follow the link in yesterday's post that exposed the sting in the tail of the "cri de coeur" from Russia. It was nothing more than a cruel scam designed to part vulnerable old dreamers like Milt from their cash. If there is a genuine lady in need out there in Russia, or anywhere else come to that, with a desire to make contact, all she has to do is leave a comment or email Milt direct and he'll do whatever he can to help. He's like that.

Poetry corner

Some time ago I published the only known poem by F.J.Beasley.

If wine and women hold no joys
Try bottled beer and little boys.
And if for these you have no use
Try lemonade and self abuse.


I have now discovered yet another fragment.

All animals are strictly dry;
they sinless live and swiftly die,
But sinful, ginful, rum-soaked men
survive for three-score years and ten
And some of us (the mighty few)
stay pickled till we're 92!
back 

arrow
teomalink