Sunday, November 06, 2005

Four Beers And A Lager

The bar area was empty. The band was coming to the end of a set so I went to get the drinks in before the paying crowd got the same idea.

I wandered over to a section of the bar where a barmaid was standing poised for action. I glanced down at the coins in my hand to see if I'd got enough to pay without breaking into another note.

"Hi. What can I get you?" she asked.
"Four beers please," I said looking up at her, "and ..."
I stopped mid sentence because she wasn't looking at me, she was staring over my right shoulder.
"I'm sorry," I said and looked round to see who she was serving. The bar was empty. There was nobody there at all except me and the barmaid. I looked back at her.
Her right eye was fixed on me. It was a very nice eye. Her left eye seemed to have a mind of its own and gazed crazily out into a secret world somewhere over my right shoulder.
"You finished with that order or you going to keep me in suspense all night?"
"Four beers and ... a lager please."
I paid for the drinks, took them over to a table and sat down, waiting for the other guys to come through.
When I looked back at the bar, one of the girl's eyes, the crazy one, was still fixed on me, the other was serving the next customer.

Herzliche Glückwünsche Tristan

teddyI've just remembered that Tristan over there in Ahrensburg ist heute, bereits zwei Jahre alt. Unglaublich! Herzliche Glückwünsche Tristan aus Bogsville.

Driveby justice

The phantom water bomber has suffered a minor injury. Thanks for that STN. My check is in the post.
back 

arrow
teomalink