Saturday, October 01, 2005

Dudley Council Pig Ban

I want you all to pray for the sanity of Dudley UK Council bosses who have banned novelty pig calendars and toys, in case Muslim staff members are offended by them.

pigletThey have been told to remove or at least cover up anything that resembles a pig or has a picture of a pig on it. Even a Winnie the Pooh tissue box with a picture of Piglet has had to go.

It seems that a Muslim worker was offended by some pig-shaped stress relievers that had been delivered to the office.

Head of Finance, Mike Williams said,
"Benefits management reacted quite rightly. I think we all have an objective to do our bit to respect the wishes of people we work with."

I sincerely hope that you and your staff haven't been handling or eating pork products Mike because if you have you might be in danger of offending that Muslim worker.

Call me insensitive if you will, but I assure you that if I worked in that office, Monday morning would see the biggest explosion of novelty pig calendars, cards and toys ever known in the entire history of Dudley UK. Finance Department.

"Are we going to be friends forever? Asked Piglet.
Even longer, Pooh answered.
"
A. A. Milne - Winnie the Pooh

A pig for Dudley

pigHere's a pig for Dudley. I'm sorry if you are offended by the picture but I happen to like pigs. I really do find them more interesting than people who object to pictures of them or to plastic, pig shaped toys. Quite honestly I would not employ anyone who felt that plastic pigs or pictures of pigs were objectionable.


Now eating pigs or slicing up pigs is a different matter. That's slicing and bleeding - but a calendar or tissue box? You have to be joking!

Personally I object to killing animals by cutting their throats and letting them bleed to death but then I'm peculiar that way.
back 

arrow
teomalink