Monday, September 26, 2005

Compulsory Euthanasia Party

I made the long trip into Bogsville this morning just to make sure that the metropolis is still where it used to be. It is. It isn't worth visiting but it's still there. The names of most of the shops and stores have changed and they are full of final reductions that no one in their right mind would buy. I tried my damnedest to find something worth buying just to help the local economy but failed miserably.

Bogsville was full of old boggers careering around on their electric disability buggies. I think most of them limit their driving to Bogsville Shopping Centre and the dodgem cars when the fair is in town. The queue for the pensions, child support, housing benefits, winter fuel payments, welfare checks and any other benefit you can think of was twice round the block at the Post Office so I decided against trying to get a book of stamps.

I'm definitely voting for the Compulsory Euthanasia Party candidate next time round. That is if Miss Roseberry hasn't finished me off by then. She's a very powerful woman.

Mrs B. has returned from her mountaineering trip and probably wouldn't approve of Miss Roseberry's total disregard for my health so it's just as well that Miss R. is otherwise engaged today. But Mrs B. is off again tomorrow so I may be able to arrange for Miss Roseberry to squeeze me in during the afternoon.

I was concerned yesterday when she announced that what she really, really wanted was T.B. Now my Great Uncle Ernest suffered from T.B. and had to sleep in the open air. I didn't think Miss Roseberry would enjoy that very much but it seems that I misunderstood her. Her definition of T.B. is toy boy not tuberculosis but I'll suggest to her that our next session should be "en plein air". Purely for health reasons of course.

back 

arrow
teomalink