Monday, September 19, 2005

Fair Trade Coffee

Starbucks is selling Pumpkin Spice Lattes again! Woo hoo!

Another Woo hoo! I just love them. I can't get enough of them and I can't pour enough coffee down my throat either. I must be a walking Woo hoo the amount of caffeine I consume.

coffeeWoo hooed up to the eyeballs I went coffee surfing. Oh dear. The $3 you shell out every day for one latte at Starbucks is equivalent to the daily wage of a Central American coffee picker.

So what about Starbuck's commitment to Fair Trade Coffee? Oh they sell it but it's hidden away pretty well on their website and is described as being "on the mild end of the Starbucks taste spectrum." Doesn't sound like enthusiastic marketing to me.

Many Starbucks cafes will brew a pot of Fair Trade - but only if you specifically ask for it. Fair Trade Coffee has yet to be promoted as the brewed Coffee of the Day, which is the only way to ensure real volume for Fair Trade Farmers.

So next time you shell out for your caffeine kick just remember that the poor sod who picked the stuff only picked up the cost of one latte for a full day's work.coffee

Making a film or documentary?

If you are you will need a soundtrack. May I suggest a trip to Oliver Ledbury's Site over there in the UK.

How to get rid of wankers

Unfortunately this is totally beyond me, but I do know that the UK has a champion wanker of its own who seems to think that the US model is always "way to go".
back 

arrow
teomalink