Thursday, June 16, 2005

Old Boggers And Battery Powered Buggies

There are too many old boggers in Bogsville. As soon as the roads are clear of work traffic, out they come, clogging up the roads, clogging up the supermarkets and clogging up the shopping malls.

They are encouraged by mall managers who provide them with rest benches, tea and coffee stations, escalators and most worryingly of all, battery powered buggies.

These electric powered machines are virtually silent, and lethal.

Ask the relatives of 86 year old Jim Carpenter who died in hospital four days after being knocked down by one.

Jim was leaning on his wheeled walker when he was hit from behind by a Ferrari red, electric buggy, complete with prancing horse decals and the name Schumacher emblazoned on the seat. The buggy was being driven by Ferrari cap wearing, 66 year old, survivor of three heart attacks, Peter Jenkinson.

The coroner, in recording a verdict of accidental death, said "It may have been difficult to work out a route through the pedestrians, but at the time Mr Carpenter was struck, he was not facing the buggy and did not see it."

Peter Jenkinson said, "I think I may have started again because I thought there was a gap. It was in a controlled manner. I felt sorry for the bloke."

Well that's something. I was going to write something about an insensitive shite but I've already used that this week.

Confusing Comments.

The point of the final sentence in yesterday's post was that I didn't think Jimmy would be able to read it himself. I hoped that someone who could read it would tell him I was sorry I got him wacked. Yes the story is true and no I'm not a teacher. If I was a teacher I wouldn't be posting confusing comments.

If you're still here.

If you are still reading and feel in need of light refreshment, take a look at this happy little clip. The guy is a star.

back 

arrow
teomalink