Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Milt's Blogger Archives Problem Solved

I've been struggling to find a way round the archive page problem. I hate having all the posts on one page and having to scroll for hours to find anything.

Short of having an index page for every month with links to titles on it I couldn't think how to get round it.

beer is needed

Then it occurred to me that if I pasted April's final post URL into the template where the URL for April's archive is. I could then use the standard previous posts box to show the titles and to work my way round the posts.

It seems to work and it validates. I'll have to see what my experts think.

Update

I've now lost my nerve and gone back to the original settings. I was worried that archive posts would only be read as the last post of every month. Has anyone got a solution to this problem? I really do hate having to scroll through thirty post pages.

I've now reinserted the links for the last post of the month alongside the standard monthly archive links. If you select the last post monthly archive link you get a single page for that day and can use the recent posts to navigate one page at a time.

back 

arrow
teomalink