Saturday, May 14, 2005

Friday 13 - Google Too Busy To Visit - Again

please visit me soon

Dear Google,

Your bot visited me last on 9th May 2005 23:46:19 Googlebot.

I've been blogging since last October - Friday, October 15, 2004 - nothing-changes. Well nothing has changed. You were kind enough to list me in Google until November and since then nothing but the main URL - absolutely useless unless someone searches "miltbogs" and that is extremely unlikely.

I blog at least once a day. I put the posting through validator.w3.org and it validates. I do everything I can and your little googlebot only visits me once. I have read all your googlebot info about three visits a day and if it's too much for your bandwidth etc etc. I think I'd settle for just one visit a day.

I'm not trying to sell anything - I'm not trying to hack anyone - I'm not spamming anyone. I just get annoyed when I see Google listing sites that are doing all those things when your bot continues to ignore me..

You may have noticed that I am rapidly becoming obsessive/paranoid about this.

Last week I was convinced that your bot was locked out of my computer by a firewall. My "amateur web developer" advisory team and my psychiatrist registered total disbelief on that one.

Heigh Ho. Have a nice day.

P.S. I'll be open all day gb just in case you feel like dropping in.

Barrister Albert Akubia's Sad Story

Your name and e-mail address came up in a random draw conducted by our law firm, (Akubia & Co Chambers,) in Lagos,Nigeria. I am barrister Albert Akubia, the Legal Adviser and counsel to a deceased expatriate contractor who used to work with Zenith Oil and Gas Company here in Nigeria thereafter shall be referred as my late client.On the December 26th 2003, my client and his entire family died in a plane crash in cotonou, Benin Republic.....

Sorry about your "late client" Albert - thanks but no thanks. By the way, I can't help noticing that your law firm's clients and their entire families all seem to meet with very sudden and violent ends.

Blind Bloggers

I have noticed a word verification tag beneath the publish post button on Blogger. I don't always see it so I decided to look it up on a search engine. Yes it's a verification code called CAPTCHA introduced by Google on Blogger.

Fine if you can see it but Google's top item on my search was Blind Access Journal. The code letters on the screen are pretty weird - they had me guessing. Come on Google - waive the visual verification for registered visually impaired Bloggers.

back 

arrow
teomalink