Friday, June 01, 2007

Sunshine On My Figleaf

Track of the day - Sunshine - Bagshaw.

figleafSmirking weather man got it wrong. The sun has shone on my figleaf all day. If the roof men had turned up I would be happy but they didn't so I'm not.
Mrs B has gone off to celebrate someone's sixtieth birthday at a Golf Club out in the country.
I drove her out there, mainly to see how people with loads of money manage without visiting the Hole in the Ground bar.
They seem to manage very well except that they need massive security gates in the carpark. I had real problems getting in and once I was in, they found it hard to believe that I was driving straight out again. Seemed to suspect that I was up to no good. It's probably just as well that I wasn't invited.

I know my place! I may saunter along to the Hole in the Ground and cower in the fireplace later on. It should be lively tonight because England are playing Brazil and the bar will be full of drunk football hooligans. I'll wait until half an hour after the final whistle is blown before I set off. That should give them time to get steamed up about the game.
I really should know better but I have long had a perverse desire to watch so called adult members of society exercising their democratic right to make total assholes of themselves.

That blue sky and sunshine really was very welcome today. I hope it lasts until Monday when they are supposed to be coming back to fix the roof.


lifescreen link
back 

arrow
teomalink