Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Spring & A Wee Jobbie

Track of the day - Cherry Pink Mambo - Eddie Calvert.

cherry_blossomAs you can see, Spring is springing here in Bogsville.
I'd like to thank the kind people at Pageworks for enabling me to see what I post here. It's much appreciated.

One way or another I have decided I'm in need of a change.
No more whingeing about error messages, blank pages and spam for me.
What I really really need is a job to take my mind orf such trivia.
Imagine then my excitement when I stumbled upon this:

Hospital Bug Sniffer Required
Must have an educated nose.

This, as they say, was 'right up my street'.
I have an olfactory organ to rival Cyrano de Bergerac's prodigious appendage and I'm reasonably well educated.
I read on:
"Researchers from the Universities of Bristol and the West of England have discovered that healthy stools smell different from those produced by people suffering from infectious diarrhoea..."
At that point the penny dropped. I stopped reading and decided that retirement suits me just fine.
It's a pity because I'd have done the job well. Unlike the researchers, I could spot the difference between a healthy stool and diarrhoea with a bulldog clip on my nose and probably without wearing my contact lenses.
Oh well, back to the real world -

Blog*Spot

"We're investigating network issues between BlogSpot and a handful of British and Irish ISPs.
Apologies to those who are affected and are unable to read blogs hosted at blogspot.com.
There is no known workaround at this time.

Update, 4:25PM: We've instituted our own network workaround for this issue, which should resolve the problem for affected users. We're following up with the ISPs to diagnose the root problem.

Update, Monday, 9:30AM: We're hearing further reports that this problem is not solved, and there are indications that there is a misconfiguration in the affected ISPs routes. We appreciate your patience as we work with them to get this fixed for good."

Well it's Tuesday now and there's still no fix. In fact I had real problems logging in.
Perhaps I should go back and sniff out that wee jobbie after all.
back 

arrow
teomalink