Thursday, January 11, 2007

Have No Fear Of Escalation

Track of the day - Lyndon Johnson Told The Nation - Tom Paxton.

candle powerIt must be at least 40 years since I first heard Tom Paxton sing that song.
Its sentiments seem just as valid today as they did back then in 1965.
Sure, the names are different but very little else has changed At least George is only sending 21,500 more.

Have no fear of escalation.
I am trying everyone to please.
Though it isn't really war,
We're sending twenty one thousand five hundred more...


I'm assured that at the equator, the speed of the Earth's rotation is 1670 km/hr, or 1070 mi/hr. To find the rotational speed for where you live and to test your knowledge of mathematics take the cosine of your latitude, and multiply it by the speed at the equator.
No wonder my one ear is larger than the other. I'm surprised that my eyes haven't popped out.
I'm also assured that the Earth spins towards the East which explains why it always took me longer to get home from work than it took me to get there in the morning.
I'm off to find the cosine of my latitude. Perhaps not, I'm crap at maths.

Accolade Myspace link.
back 

arrow
teomalink