Tuesday, November 14, 2006

All Year Round Firework Shop

Track of the day - Double-O - Count Basie

firework_shopI wasn't happy when I saw that some enterprising fellow had opened a firework shop just round the corner. I sat for weeks in fear and trembling anticipating the grand opening promised for mid October.
The shop had been home to a very quiet locksmith's business but he had to move out to make way for the far noisier money making scheme thought up by the new tenant.
I'd like to be able to report that the firework shop opened up and blew itself to kingdom come all on the same day but I can't.
It sputtered into existence and then fizzled out just like the damp squibs of my childhood.
When I visited Wiggy's, the local chemist's store, yesterday I spotted a poster in the all year round firework emporium's window that read,
"This Shop Has Closed Down.
There Are No Fireworks
Anywhere On The Premises."
Perhaps the guy should have applied for planning permission and a license before he opened up.
Meanwhile the locksmith continues to trade from his new shop just around the corner.

logo_leeds_uk_heavymetal_rock_band_nerve engine.
A Nerve Engine MP3 to download :
Nerve Engine - Distance
or go to NE's My Space page to stream it.
Nerve Engine Gig Gallery
back 

arrow
teomalink