Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Orange Hash Key

I've got a mobile phone that I hardly ever use. Occasionally I get a text message and that's about it. It's pay as you go because I use it so infrequently. Yesterday I discovered that my credit was just about used up so I decided to buy more credit.

This morning I try to do it online, Orange tell me that the phone isn't registered with them.

Oh yes it is registered with Orange because I topped up on line last time the credit ran out. I decide to re-register anyway as they've just told me that it isn't registered with them.

Big mistake because the website then tells me I'm already registered with Orange. I go back to trying to top up online. Again they tell me the phone isn't registered with Orange. Excuse me but didn't you just tell me that it was?

I decide to phone them and top up that way. After ten minutes of trying to put in this number and that number followed by the pound key (hash key), the computerised lady's voice tells me that she is sorry but I've made a hash of it, "Press 1 to hear the current message again" and rings off.

I decide to ring computerised Orange lady on the house phone. This time the recorded lady asks different questions. I punch in an amazing number of secret numbers followed by the pound key (hash key) and she tells me we are almost finished now. Eventually I have to put in the number for the amount of credit that I require, followed by the damn pound key (hash key), and I'm assured that it has been added to my account. I'm sweating, shaking like a leaf and am convinced that I've just donated money to Joe Scammer's "You just made me a millionaire personal account".

Look Orange all I need is a number to dial, preferably without using the pound key (hash key), that will get me through to a human being. At least I now know where the pound key (hash key) is.

Pound or hash key it's a pain in the ass when a recorded message keeps telling you to press it and you have to look to see where it is so that you miss half the next message. "Press 1 to hear the current message again."

back 

arrow
teomalink