Thursday, August 25, 2005

Called To The Bar

The mobile phone vibrated its way gently across the table towards me. I glanced down and noted that I had been called to the bar again. I'm ashamed to admit that this is the seventh summons that I have received in as many days.

On Monday Mrs B. returned from her trip to visit her Father and I had the embarrassing task of explaining the battle scar bruising to the inside of my left arm, gained when I slid off the top of a very high fence early on Saturday morning. I think she believed me.

Saving for a rainy day

"Don't spend it now. Save it for a rainy day."

There comes a point when you realize that it has almost all passed you by and that the cash at your disposal merely symbolizes what you wanted to do and meant to do but didn't do.

back 

arrow
teomalink