Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What Is An Emergency?

Here in Bogsville I guess we spend as much time as anyone else blaming the Police for the ills of society. The other night Raul was dialling 911 or 999 or whatever it was and complaining that no one came. But if you look at what people dial the emergency services for it's hardly surprising.

Calls received in Lincolnshire and Humberside in 2003 included:
"I have been vomited over by my friend and I need cleaning up.
Do you microchip pets?
I'm lost and I want some directions to where I'm going.
This is not an emergency - but I've got no credit on my phone so I can't make any other calls."

Here's a good one from Avon and Somerset Police in UK. Don't click on sound only, it takes for ever to download. Click on "Launch Flash Window".

Yesterday's Downloads

Anyone who failed to download yesterday's Fartiste offering, made a mistake. Honestly.
back 

arrow
teomalink