Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Interstate Spitting And Airport Security

I'm not a great fan of spitting at any time but if you really have to spit while you're driving along an interstate I think it's best to buy a box of Kleenex tissues and keep them in the car. Ask Robbin Doolin, 31, from Grandview who fell out of her car on a Kansas City interstate after she opened her door to spit.

"I leaned out to spit and I leaned too far," she later told police.

Another motorist looking in her rearview mirror saw Doolin's car hit a guardrail and saw Doolin tumble across the pavement, then jump up and chase after the car as it ran down an embankment towards a building site.

An ambulance took her to a hospital, where she was treated for injuries to her leg, arm and head. Hope they gave her something to reduce the phlegm too.

Bogsville leads security in UK airport.

I just bumped into Nick, a guy who drank in, was banned from and then worked in the Hole in the Ground bar in the days when it was a bar that was worth drinking in and getting banned from.

He moved away from Bogsville about eight years ago after he almost severed a finger in a Hole in the Ground kitchen accident. Apparently he has ended up in Brighton UK. I asked him if he was still in bar work. He told me he was baggage inspecting at Gatwick Airport. Now that is a pretty responsible sort of a job, what with the terrorist threat and all. Nothing personal Nick but I hope your baggage inspecting is less hit and miss than your beer pulling and cooking was when you worked in the Hole in the Ground.

He also told me that Gatwick Airport is busier than the Hole in the Ground bar. He doesn't miss much that guy. Fear not intrepid travelers your security is in safe hands there.

back 

arrow
teomalink