Thursday, April 07, 2005

Milt Up North

Thursday

Here I am up North. It's very cold but the computer is working for a change. Have to admit that the first time we shut it down it came up with an error message about the config.sys file.

The only way we could fix it was through a repair via the installation disk but all seems well now.

It has rebooted half a dozen times now and all the risky software like Messenger has run on it without generating a fault. Fingers crossed all is well now.

Popped in to the local Landlord bar. Drank until fairly late. Shock, horror seemed to be surrounded by a very gay crowd. "Not exactly my cup of tea," as they say, but harmless. The beer was not as good as last time I was here but it was still better than I'm used to in Bogsville. There was a French evening in the bar - mamma's got a squeeze box on her chest etc.

Tomorrow I hope to make the long trek home - depends on the computer entirely. If it continues to work I'll be home. If problems arise I'll have to stay.

Thanks to Merl and Raul for their help - where would I be without them!

back 

arrow
teomalink