Monday, April 04, 2005

Fiasco Season Spreads To Bogsville

Monday

My appointment at the local eye hospital glaucoma clinic last February 14 was cancelled and rearranged for today.

I trotted along there and was told by reception that my appointment had been cancelled. No letter to notify me, no phone call - just it's been cancelled.

"No," I said, "that was February 14th. It was rearranged for today."
"Today's appointment as well. We haven't got enough doctors. Some have gone on leave."

I saw red. I refused to leave and kicked up a bit of a fuss.

"This is bloody ridiculous - I do not believe this - You have got to be joking" etc.

They arranged for me to see someone.

keep taking the drops

"The pressures are normal - keep taking the drops and come back in November." Then the guy asked me if I had had a recent cholesterol test. He had spotted something white in my eye. "It might be a sign of increased cholesterol or it might not. I'll mention it to your GP."

Looks like my intake of alchohol in local bars might have to be reduced or it might not. I've already just about given up eating. Of course it might be my inner halo shining through or it might not.

I just love these medical types.

back 

arrow
teomalink