Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Chinese Dentists And Swedish Cars

Wednesday

Just in case you missed it elsewhere.Microsoft patches critical flaws

Just back from the dentist's.

She has very strong hands for a small woman! It was almost like being worked on from the inside out.

On the way back I called in at my "friendly" Volvo dealership. The driver side headlight assembly has been making a loud ticking noise and the remote, headlamp adjuster has only been working for the passenger side.

"It's the motor sir. We might get away with just replacing the motor, BUT they are tricky to fit and the connector rod sometimes snaps off. Then you would need a whole headlamp assembly."

I've heard that one before - for sometimes read always. I reckon that if the highly trained mechanics snap it off then it's the garage's responsibility to fix it at their expense not mine.

"Oh and while I'm here can you show me how to turn the headlamps off during daylight running?"
"You can't."
"The handbook says I can."
"The handbook is wrong."

Very cunning these Swedish designed, Japanese constructed, Ford owned, car companies.

We will see what Friday brings. If the worst comes to the worst - Volvo will find themselves blogged. I wrote a piece about two years ago that never made the web - it may be time for resurrection.

back 

arrow
teomalink