Sunday, February 06, 2005

Blueyonder Help!

Sunday.

Download speeds varying between a low of 340Kb/s and a high of 3004Kb/s. I'm usually getting around 2000Kb/s. I'm supposed to be on a 4Mb line so I contact Blueyonder to ask if my connection really is 4Mb.

I struggle with the technicalities of what they are asking me for and eventually start an email exchange that goes as follows:

Thank you for your e-mail to blueyonder Technical Support.
Your enquiry is currently being investigated and we will contact you again shortly.

Thank you for your email to blueyonder Technical Support.
You seem to have a number of established connections showing on your netstat -a. These programs need to be closed down and download test redone. Can you run the tests from a UK mirror on the tucows.blueyonder.co.uk site. Please supplu another netstat -a test.

Now I get a mail that sounds like I'm about to get somewhere.

Hello Milt
Thank you for your post to blueyonder Technical Support
If you download up to 4 files simultaneously from Tucows, what is the total speed obtained?

Kind regards

The harsh realities of technical support kick in again at this point.

Dear Sir / Madam
Thank you for your e-mail to blueyonder Technical Support
Your enquiry is currently being investigated and we will contact you again shortly.
Should you need to contact us in the meantime however, please quote the fault reference number in the subject header.
If you require any further assistance please phone Technical Support.

Back to square one here

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your email to blueyonder Technical Support.
We have an issue raised for slow speeds in the Bogsville area, please view the following link for more information:
I hope this resolves your issue
Kind regards

We're going round in circles here and my original question has still not been answered.

back 

arrow
teomalink