Sunday, January 16, 2005

Blacks Out - Blog Ping

Sunday.

I've been puzzled by the number of visits I've been getting for "0 seconds" that were registered by my stat counter. Now I discover that it's all down to Blog Pinging.

There are sites out there trawling for newly updated pages or enabling you to ping your updated page to addresses all over the blogging community. They publish huge lists of newly updated blogs. And here's me thinking that it was a spammer's address gathering paradise.

I also noticed that my Muckspreading Blacks Out Bogsville page was visited by someone who found it after it was pinged by Technorati.

Hope it was someone from the farming community who visited and not a KKK redneck.

I think it was pinged because I had used a picture from The Holy Observer. Here's another one for test purposes only -

Site seems to be down

I've also had to update the links for the Madame Tussaud Nativity pictures after the originals disappeared from the web.

Live jazz comes to Bogsville tonight so I'm off out to listen to a 75 year old Canadian trumpeter and a seventy year old American alto sax player. No prizes for being able to work out who they are. The irony of the situation is that the gig has been organised by the very same pompous prat who said to me, "I suppose that when we advertised the job we were looking for someone younger." He seemed to think that I would struggle with the computer skills side of the 6 hour a week voluntary job assisting him to arrange gigs.

I just wanted the opportunity to talk to all these jazz guys - even if they are really old. I wonder if they had to lie about their age to get the gig?

Mmmm - nice!

back 

arrow
teomalink