Tuesday, January 11, 2005

IE6 Is Bad For You

Tuesday.

More dire security news for IE6 users. New Scientist reports that "Three flaws concerning the way Internet Explorer renders web pages were discovered by various US computer security researchers. Any of these could be used to break into a target PC through a specially crafted web page."

A demonstration of the vulnerability affecting users running Internet Explorer 6 with Windows XP SP2 installed is on the Secunia website.

Running Firefox the test shows no new window opening but when I ran the test from IE6 a window telling me that Secunia was now in control of the new window appeared.

ZDNet have a Broadband Bandwidth test here. I assume that it's doing what it says on the label, but there again it could be exploiting a vulnerability to break into my computer.

To soothe my fevered brow I am listening to KKJZ 88.1 FM's Live stream. Jazz FM - listen to this station and see how it should be done.

back 

arrow
teomalink