Friday, June 15, 2007

A Great Weight Lifted

Track of the day - Storm Over Bogsville - Thunderclap Bogs.

deluge

Roof man turned up at 3:00pm yesterday and suggested I stuck a bucket under the leak, then he left with the memorable words, "I'll be back tomorrow. Shouldn't take more than five minutes," echoing in his ample wake.
In desperation I climbed back up into the roof space and stuck a thin piece of margarine tub lid between the cracked valley tile and the healthy one above it, in the hope that it would temporarily plug the gap.

When I looked out of the bedroom window this morning there was a lake covering the back yard and most of the lawn.
I pushed open the door to the front bedroom expecting to find a disaster area but the wall was drier than it had been when we went to bed.
Right now the dehumidifier is humming and a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Roof man came back this afternoon during a violent thunderstorm. Rain was lashing down and lightning lit up the sky. He decided against doing anything to the roof but at the moment I really couldn't care less because I've stopped the rain coming in and that is definitely a lot more than the roofing company can claim to have done.

lifescreen link
back 

arrow
teomalink