Saturday, April 28, 2007

Anything I can Get You?

Track of the day - Nice Work If You Can Get It - Bud Powell Trio.

The girl in the Bank wandered over to where I was waiting in line to get to the cash machine.
"Is there anything that I can get you while you're waiting?" she asked.
"A full English breakfast and a cup of coffee would be good," I replied.
She explained that she meant details of the financial services she could offer me. I pointed out to her that I did all my banking on-line.
"Don't you ever talk to anyone about it?"
I didn't bother to explain that a recluse hardly ever goes out of the house.
"Look," she said, "I'm not busy at the moment. You could come and talk to me if you like."
She was friendly so when I'd got my cash out of the machine, I went back to her and sat down.
She wanted to know all about my camera and my credit cards and explained why I should consider having one of her credit cards.
I sat there listening to her, all the while daydreaming about services that she could be offering me. Another credit card was way down on my list of priorities.
After a while I told her how much I'd enjoyed our chat and wandered off, out into the city square.

hole_pavement

In front of me there was a large expanse of sandy desert where the pavement should have been.
There were two shovels parked in the sand but there was no sign of the workmen who had been using them. You could see their footprints in the sand but that was all.
I expect they'd gone for a full English breakfast or a chat with the lady in the Bank.
British workmen are like that.

lifescreen link
Lifescreen tracks can be downloaded here or just select a track and leave them all playing in the background.
back 

arrow
teomalink