Saturday, April 14, 2007

On Safari

Track of the day - African Waltz - Johnny Dankworth Orchestra.

hedgehog

"What's this a boot scraper at the side of the greenhouse door?
What on earth possessed the woman to waste her money on one of those?"
I couldn't ask anyone because I was on safari in the back yard again while Mrs B was somewhere else doing incredibly mundane things like shopping, baking, washing and weeding. No she wasn't weeding because if she was I would have been able to question her about this pointless purchase.
Sometimes I think we should get a Swedish au pair so that I can talk to someone.
I was pondering on all this when I noticed that the bristly boot scraper appeared to be breathing.
The little bogger was alive and having a snooze in the sun. I interrupted my safari and went back down to the house.
Mrs B interrupted her baking and hurried to the greenhouse to investigate.
By the time she got there the hedgehog had gone.
By the time she got back to the house her scones had disappeared too. Must have been the hedgehog - or the au pair.

lifescreen link
back 

arrow
teomalink