Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day Massacre

Track of the day - My Funny Valentine - Chet Baker

noir_bewdley_worcestershire

In need of a new outfit, I popped into my local boutique to see what was available. Most of the garments seemed to have been designed for much warmer weather so I decided to stick to my usual attire.
If I wore any of the stuff on display in the window there'd be a Valentine's Day massacre.

I would like to thank Soothsayer for providing me with a translation of yesterday's Soccer Speak

"Oi Milt, I've run this one through the old Enigma code breaker, and bingo, this is it!

I have maintained throughout that our chaps will reach the play-off zone.
I have been consistent in this view.
I sincerely believe they will achieve this, as it were, via the rear entrance.
This will come to pass as their competitors fall on the field of battle.
Moreover, I think he (their esteemed manager) is steadying them ready to strike at the opportune moment, and to cry 'the sixth spot is ours, have no fear'.

As to its veracity, machine says ....load of Bull.
"

Where, I ask, would we all be without the skills of cunning linguists?
back 

arrow
teomalink