Friday, February 09, 2007

Flight Cancelled

Track of the day - World Waiting - Nerve Engine

blackcap_feedingI was supposed to be flying to Aberdeen today but I cancelled so Mrs B. was left to go on her own. The flight was supposed to leave Birmingham at 16:45 but didn't.

Birmingham airport is now officially closed because of bad weather but I notice that the flight is finally listed as boarding at 19:47.
The last message I got from her said,
"They are starting to clear behind the planes now. Fingers crossed."
It's amazing what they can do these days, take off in reverse even! How cool is that?

The bird in the picture? I think it's a Blackcap. I've never seen one before so it probably isn't.

New Blogger

I'm well pissed off with this new Blogger. It doesn't validate because the people at Blogger who created the new version couldn't be arsed to fully encode an & instead of just putting the &. The error is in their coding for submitting blogs by email. Something I'm never going to do.
End result is that my page no longer validates. It doesn't matter what I type, the Blogger gurus' html buggers my stuff. How do I get my stuff back in the old version of Blogger? Don't tell me - I know - I can't.

Added to which Mrs B is still sitting in the plane at Birmingham airport and it is now 21:43.
Aberdeen airport claims they expect the flight to arrive at 22:45.
The flight eventually landed at 23:06. Mrs B was sitting in the plane from 20:00 until 22:00 waiting for it to be 'snow blown' and 'de-iced'. The pilot was getting very annoyed by the lack of activity and said that in his experience the delay was typical of Birmingham Airport.
I think I probably made the right decision when I decided to stay at home.
back 

arrow
teomalink