Tuesday, February 13, 2007

BBC Steve Bull Subtitles

Quote of the day - Soccer Speak - Steve Bull

bbc_news_subtitle

There was a soccer item on last night's BBC news that confused me totally. It was an interview with retired England international Steve Bull.
The guy might have been good at scoring goals but sadly he never mastered clear speech.
My trusty 'Sky+' box enables me to replay live items, so I pressed the rewind button and listened again.
What the guy said made no more sense when I heard it a second or a third time.
I decided to rerun it with the subtitles switched on. The only subtitle that came up was the one in the above picture.
It made no sense at all either.

W3C Validation.

My page still doesn't validate. If you go to the little envelope gif at the end of this post, right click on it and select properties you should be able to spot the unencoded ampersand just before the word 'postID' that is causing the problem.
I've emailed Blogger about it twice now so I expect they'll get round to fixing the code one day. They did the last time that I complained.
Until then I guess that anyone using Blogger will be stuck with pages that don't validate. It's reassuring to know that Blogger or Google, or whoever runs Blogger nowadays, employs coders who can't be bothered to check their code properly.

back 

arrow
teomalink