Saturday, February 24, 2007

Tony Blair Manbreasts

Track of the day - Nice Work If You Can Get It - Bud Powell Trio.

blair memorial_londonThe Tony Blair manbreasts artwork on the banks of the Thames has gone largely unnoticed and unreported. Until now that is.

On Thursday evening I wandered down the road to the Hole in the Ground bar. As I approached the bar, the girl with the pierced nostrils pulled me a pint of Carlsberg. It tasted fine so I drank two further pints.
At closing time I noticed a guy wandering around behind the bar, checking the tills.
"A new manager," I thought to myself.
He hadn't been behind the bar serving drinks, he'd been playing pool in the back room.

When I woke on Friday morning I had a splitting headache and barely had time to sprint to the bathroom.
I had all the classic symptoms of food poisoning or in my case the classic symptoms of beer from dirty beer lines.
The last manager knew how to look after his cellar and how to clean the beer lines but he fell out with the lease holder and was sacked.
The lease holder rarely, if ever, visits the bar.
You can't blame him.

back 

arrow
teomalink