Friday, February 25, 2005

UK Government Virus Advice

Friday

The UK Government is streets ahead when it comes to offering security advice to its citizens. Advice on how to create your own desalination plant and now a real sophisticated website to combat the perennial threat posed by those virus spreading computer terrorists.

Just as well really when virtually the whole of Britain is blue-screening with monotonous regularity.

How much has ITsafe cost the UK taxpayer?

Pictures from the ITsafe launch party! So that's a launch party - you've been conned Hazel.

OK so how do I discover that I've got a nasty infection of some virus or other? If I sign up with them they'll send me an email telling me there's a virus flying about. Do they know how long it takes to get bugged up?

By the time the email has arrived the pesky thing will already be installed and zapping emails back and forth using my super highway connection to do its dirty work.

Do they tell me how to get rid of it? Do they offer me patches or antivirus software? You have got to be joking!

3 point plans and handy tips.

They should have got a 12 year old to set the site up for them. Talk about dumbing down!

What they do tell you is that Hazel Blears MP "is Minister of State for Crime Reduction, Policing, Community Safety and Counter-Terrorism and provides support to the Home Secretary on counter-terrorism and resilience".

If I were Bill Gates I wouldn't let them anywhere near my company's software. Oops - too late.

What is this I'm reading? - "The British Army was unable to account for exactly what equipment it had deployed in former Yugoslavia for its UN peacekeeping operations" - "Solution - Microsoft's Theatre Equipment Database Yugoslavia (TEDY) project was mandated initially to track all equipment of a value greater than £2,500."

I thought it was just those weapons of mass destruction they couldn't find!

The Minister of State for Crime Reduction, Policing, Community Safety and Counter-Terrorism is now on the job - if you'll pardon the expression.

Reassuring news from Sophos.

Check out this band The Kills.Video here.

Just been offered a Genuine College Degree in 2 weeks !
Have you ever thought that the only thing stopping you from a great job and better pay was a few letters behind your name? Well now you can get them!
BA BSc MA MSc MBA PhD
Within 2 weeks , No Study Required, Completley verifiable!
These are real, genuine degrees that include Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate degrees.
Student records and transcripts are also available. The opportunity exists due to a legal loophole allowing some established colleges to award degrees at their discretion!
Order yours today. Just call the number below, and leave your Name and Phone Number. You'll thank me later.

Makes you wonder why you bothered all those years ago doesn't it.

Can they do a CD, DVD or VHS? Milt Bogs DVD or VD and scar?

Thanks but no thanks guys, I don't fancy waiting 2 weeks.

back 

arrow
teomalink