Thursday, January 20, 2005

AVG/Kerio merge a Pain In The Ass.

Thursday.

Nutless

Here's something else to be avoided if at all possible. It's old news now but it still brings tears to my eyes.

It's the story about Amanda Monti, 24, who got so angry when her ex-lover, 37-year-old Geoffrey Jones, refused her request for sex at the end of a party in Birkenhead that she ripped off one of his testicles with her bare hands.

She apparently yanked off his left testicle, which was later handed to him by a friend who said: "That's yours."

This was after she'd tried to hide it by sticking it in her mouth. Doctors later tried to re-attach it but failed.

I had an uncle who lived in St Helens. He was adamant that the dock areas of Birkenhead were places to avoid after dark. Sounds to me like there are still nutters to be found there.

The moral of this story is that when a woman demands sex it is best not to refuse. Especially if the lady is this one.

amanda monti

Miss Monti was later sentenced to 2½ years. I just hope they don't encourage her to visit the weights room!

Mr Jones says his life has been ruined and that he has had to move home because of all the embarrassing attention the case has brought him.

AVG/Kerio merge a Pain In The Ass.

Totally pissed off with not being able to connect or save my ramblings on Blogger.

It is a Firewall thing because when I switch off Kerio and rely on XP's firewall everything works. I've no doubt that I will find hundreds of Ad-Aware entries that are threatening my security - but what the Hell - if I can connect to the Web and publish my junk.....

I used to be able to work out what Kerio was doing. I had one screen that said what was accepted and what wasn't. Now I've got multiple screens and the screen that says what is trying to connect and failing is outside my control on that page. I've got to go elsewhere where it's called something else. Very clever I'm sure - but user friendly! - you have got to be joking.

The same is true of the latest version of AVG. Multiple screens and an e-mail pop up that drives me mad. E-mail plug-in is disabled here.

If the idea is to charge me for the service you can forget it. AVG on its own was brilliant. Simple and effective. It did what it was supposed to do. Now you do a deal with Kerio.

End result - both products are a pain.

Are my problems since the merger a coincidence or is the same geek responsible for the changes that make both products ones to avoid? Remember you guys - what is clever for geeks is often a pain in the ass for end users. A pain in the ass is a pain in the ass and to be avoided at all costs. Mind you it's better than a pain in the nuts.

back 

arrow
teomalink