Sunday, October 24, 2004

Peugeot Advert

Sunday

Hey I like the new Peugeot advert - 'Shame'. It wouldn't make me want to buy a Peugeot and I haven't got a clue which model it's advertising but I think whoever designed it has come up with a highly watchable piece of film that appeals to my sense of humour.

The soundtrack is Confusion by The Zutons, a band I would never have heard of if Graham Elderson hadn't alerted me to them last week. It'll be interesting to see if this advert increases the Zutons' commercial pulling power.

I need to see the advert again but am I right in thinking that all the featured cars are Peugeots? Fine thing if Peugeot is suggesting that their earlier models are now objects of ridicule.

Just in case you're worried about our lack of bar choice round here, I met up with Merl Kapram and Raul Duberly in the Bar tonight. Merl's off to London tomorrow to service website clients. Yes we heard that one before Merl.

Raul comes from an old French line - the Du Berly is a bit of a give away. I guess it's been changed to Duberly over the years by people who had problems with the French Connection. Great film that!

The three of us are off to Prague at the beginning of next month, so if you know anyone who wants to meet up we're open to suggestions.

Nothing too exciting you understand but.....

Hey Raul's just got a silver medal for footwork so footwork invitations would be fine. He's not just King of the solder you know!

I've been recording Rock 'N' Roll Stageshow by Bill Haley and The Comets to MP3. It was the first LP I ever owned. You can't buy it now as far as I can see and it's by far their best LP. Only problem is that I'm getting too much bass response when I burn to CD. Any suggestions? I've spent hours taking the clicks out. Have I got to use the Dynamic Limiter?

back 

arrow
teomalink