Saturday, October 23, 2004

Too Wet for Dogs Even

Saturday

Just me and the dog here. It's rained for most of the day and the back garden is beginning to resemble a swimming pool.

I should have known it was coming. A guy from the local Water Company phoned a couple of days ago to ask if the garden was flooded. Not yet it isn't but it's wet enough for the dog to refuse to go out. He might only be a dog but he isn't stupid.

Needless to say, up North where my wife has gone, it's dry.

I found a photoblog that made me want to move some place where there are wide horizons. Round here you can only see sky when you look up.

Got to get away - I'm rapidly becoming a recluse. Next thing you know I'll have finger nails a foot long and refuse to go out without a face mask.

I see that crime figures are down. Well I suppose they would be if you rarely catch anybody - or is that just cynicism? Oh I note that figures for gun crime are up. I wonder how many extra police you could employ for the price of a night of Shock and Awe?

back 

arrow
teomalink