Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Drinking With God

Track of the day - Drink, Drink, Drink - Mario Lanza.

cafe_sign

You can see where breakfast and lunch went.
Dinner was going in the doggie bag for later.

I made one of my now infrequent trips to the Hole in the Ground bar last night and found myself drinking with God.
He was much younger than I expected, was about my height, didn't have a long flowing beard, was Asian in appearance and drank rum and Coke.
It was definitely God because God was printed in large black letters on the back of his Liverpool football shirt.
I can also report that God celebrated last night's victory over Chelsea by jumping up and down on a chair which I deemed to be somewhat ungodly.
After the final whistle God paid his bill with a credit card and left.

I wished that he'd paid for my drinks with his credit card because the price of a pint in the Hole in the Ground has gone up again.
When I handed over my £2.20p for my usual tipple I was told that it now costs £2.35p a pint, an increase of 15p since last week.
The price of a pint has gone up by 45p since the new lease holder took over.
As if that wasn't bad enough I was later served by the licensee himself who tried to charge me £2.50p for the same drink, another increase of 15p in the space of 20 minutes.

No wonder God paid by credit card.

lifescreen link
back 

arrow
teomalink