Monday, December 05, 2005

Sunday Night At The Movies

Advent Calendar

Milt went beerless yesterday because he was whisked away to watch a movie. He doesn't make a habit of spending Sunday night at the movies and before you ask, it wasn't Harry Potter. He once had to endure a Harry Potter blockbuster during a flight to Hong Kong and that was more than enough. That's Harry Potter not Hong Kong.

"Excuse me. Would you let me ruin my own post here?"
"I'm sorry Milt. I was only trying to help out."


Big chain movie complexes don't appeal to me. There's something about the smell of hotdogs and popcorn that makes me want to throw up. I once tried to make sense of a movie while the rest of the audience shouted from one side of the auditorium to the other. It was complete bedlam in there, no one was watching the screen except when unspeakably violent scenes were being shown.

constant gardenerLast night's trip to an 'art house theatre' to see The Constant Gardener was an improvement on previous experiences. There were only about 50 people in the audience and they were all there to watch the movie.

Did I enjoy the experience? Yes I enjoyed the performances and the photography but to be honest, I preferred reading Le Carré.

Mary and John

The amorous couple are taking a short break. Star crossed lovers need a little privacy from time to time.
back 

arrow
teomalink