Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Tweakling & Fiddleranging

Usually when the most senior young Bogs comes to stay, my computer gets fiddled with, tweaked and rearranged. This time he has rearranged Mrs B's laptop. As a result of aforesaid tweakling and fiddlranging I now have an amazing little brown icon that shows up next to the page URL when Milt's Page is active. The miracle is that the page still validates. I also know how to access one of my three chunks of FTP space and can now store gifs and many other wonderful things.

Unfortunately all of these wondrous things take up an inordinate amount of time. End result nothing startling or even bog standard mundane to record here except that old Bogs has introduced young Bogs to the joys of having a page that validates. If you are looking at this page in Firefox all is well. If you are looking at it with IE6 then the words "Milt's Page" are a shambles because the graphic is saved as a png file, incompatible with IE6. Tomorrow it will have to be resaved as a gif and then it should work in either browser. And just when I thought I'd got it sorted too...

Worth a read. If you can make it out.

cork news

Blogquote of the day

"Lately whenever I’m in deep thought I just stay in deep thought – confused, and just sometimes… sit here."
back 

arrow
teomalink