Thursday, May 05, 2005

Prince Paparazzi Puncher Digs Deep

Thursday

Watch the Pope's VW bidding on eBay.

Heads are bound to roll after some bounder let the jolly old cat out of the bag that Prince Paparazzi Puncher had flunked his Regular Commissions Board computer test.

How dare someone suggest that Harry the lad with a taste for dubious military fancy dress - "Seemed to lack the same skills as the other recruits." Doesn't Family count for anything these days?

Fear not, all ye loyal Royalists, Sandhurst give officer recruits, who "need to brush up", a helpful CD. Just hope he knows how to bung it in the computer.

To Hell with this I'm orf out!
Nothing wrong with Harry's physical skills.

Before all you underpaid geeks out there decide you could get a commission in the British Army here are the tests you would have to undergo -

- Complete a computer test demonstrating various abilities
- Write an essay on a given question
- Complete a planning exercise then present your ideas to the group
- Complete both leader-lead and leaderless command tasks
- Have a number of interviews
- Attend a formal dinner night

Attend a formal dinner is a test?
Cripes! - Anyone for a quick chukka or two?

Blogger Problems

I have spent the last six months merrily blogging about anything that came into my tiny mind. At one stage I got a reasonable rating on Google and then I dropped out again except for a pretty meaningless rating for the main page miltbogs. blogspot. com.

Maybe I messed up the template by trying to put links in, so I decided to reinstall the template. That cleaned everything up. But then I made the mistake of running the page source through a couple of validators - millions of errors!

The end result is that I'm miserable as sin about it all and am buried in <p> tags, </p> tags and <br> tags, not to mention the need to close all the "img src" tags, including ones that I can't access because they are template generated somehow.

To cut to the chase I have found Stopdesign, Douglas Bowman's site, or one of them, and I'm going to look at the page source for the blogs linked on there. My reasoning is that if Douglas Bowman gives them a link, they must be using his templates correctly. I can already see that I am making a total pig's ear of paragraph tags so I'll use "br /" here.

It didn't work - the space was too big, so I just used the </p> tag. If the guys who put me up to this back in October or whenever had nitpicked my efforts at HTML I wouldn't be having this problem now. Had enough of this I'm off to collect my new contact lenses.

back 

arrow
teomalink